Claims on VAERS deaths

Ugh, ugh, ugh. I’ve received a ton of questions from you all about Tucker Carlson’s recent shows. (I usually don’t name people because then I’m accused of being too political. But this post needs to include the name since so many of you are asking about his recent shows in particular). I want to be helpful and not vague here for those of you asking about the credibility of his claims. In short, he is spreading some reckless, dangerous, and misleading information about COVID vaccines (that is being re-circulated by other mis/dis-information sites I mention below). He said he is simply “asking questions here”. But, they are not questions. They are cherry-picked, misleading headlines caused to stir up doubts on false foundations. Here’s what happened. Basically, he claimed a lot of stuff about the vaccines causing deaths, hospitalizations, and harm. It’s not true, friends. He used the VAERS system to support his “claims”.

As a reminder, the VAERS system is a PASSIVE system of reporting. This is a system that has been around for a long time to report ANY symptoms after ANY vaccine. (You can find things like someone saying their hair dye was messed up by a vaccine. Again, anyone can report anything.) Individuals, individual’s families, and clinicians can report to the system in a passive manner (meaning anyone can report anything that looks suspicious). If severe adverse reactions or deaths are self-reported in VAERS, the CDC investigates. Remember the CDC members have families too which will receive vaccines and they want them to be safe. ๐Ÿ‘‰ So, the VAERS is meant to be a safe-guard for all of us. The big thing to keep in mind is that the reporting is self-reported which may or may not be related to the vaccines. Remember our discussions on causation versus correlation? That cannot be determined through VAERS, which is why the CDC investigates the reports. So, when you hear reports about deaths in VAERS after the vaccines (I see those memes/headlines too), that does not necessarily mean those deaths are CAUSED by the vaccines. Nowadays, the VAERS system has also become a breeding ground for mis/dis-information to mislead people. People are using numbers that are unverified to support false claims about the COVID-19 vaccines. Some of those false claims are packaged to look “sciencey”.

๐Ÿ‘‰ Back to the false claims – Dr. Sanjay Gupta, one of the most trusted science voices in my book (and in MANY others), said this in talking about the false claims Carlson said about COVID vaccines causing thousands of deaths: โ€œItโ€™s absolutely 100% false,โ€ Gupta said. โ€œThe problem is that it continues to stir up this vaccine hesitance or outright vaccine reluctance. It is so frustrating because weโ€™ve been stutter-starting our way through reporting on this pandemic for a year because, instead of continuing to build a knowledge tree, weโ€™ve had to continuously fact-check and correct misinformation. Itโ€™s been so frustrating as a scientific reporter and itโ€™s still happening. In the midst of what is arguably one of the greatest scientific achievements that weโ€™ve had maybe ever, these vaccines, we are still stutter-stopping our way through what is happening here.โ€

๐Ÿ‘‰ These claims are frustrating because they are compounded on other bunk-claims that lots of us are working hard against. Remember the “18 reasons why” blog saying vaccines are killing our immune systems? Or the claims from a “leading vaccinologist”? Or the religious memes circulating about vaccines being part of a global de-population plan or the mark of the beast? Or the false claims about the vaccines from lifesitenews, childrenshealthdefense, americasfrontlinedoc, and others. It’s just not true. Please stay away from those sites and claims. There’s so much bad mis/di-information circulating right now about the vaccines and COVID-19 in general. Be CAREFUL, DISCERNING, and WISE, friends, on these claims. If it looks fishy, or smells fishy, or seems fishy – it probably is.

โœ…โœ…โœ… The vaccines are safe. Please listen to the majority of scientists saying the same thing. We run into big problems when we think any claims are on equal playing fields and then let people find their own “truths”. That’s cherry-picking 1% out of the other 99%. All knowledge is not equal here. Listen to the majority of science – not a false claim.

If you want to know the majority of truth behind the safety and efficacy about the vaccines go here:

https://www.facebook.com/friendlyneighborepidemiologist/posts/269789581310365 and

https://www.facebook.com/friendlyneighborepidemiologist/posts/279770976978892

FNE

SOURCE: Dr. Gupta quote: https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/06/media/tucker-carlson-anti-vaccination-monologue/index.html

Leave a Reply