I’ve had the immense privilege to work with churches of lots of denominations over the past few months regarding COVID-19 and faith: Baptist, Episcopal, Presbyterian, Catholic, AME, Non-denominational, Charismatic, Methodist, Church of Christ, and others. As a pastor’s wife and Christian, I very much understand that church is important and love the local church. As an epidemiologist, I also understand the science and data with the pandemic.
This Thursday, I’m going to do a webinar with a group of pastors through zoom. We’ll talk about how to assess the risk for your county/state, how to mitigate that risk for your congregation, what the next few months will likely look like in your state, and how the church can be a source of hope and answer to the pandemic. We’d love for you to join us!
Register below and this is open to any denomination and church leaders or congregants. Registration is free.
-Friendly neighbor epidemiologist
𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞’𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐂𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐜𝐡/𝐅𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬:
1. Who are the neighbors? https://tinyurl.com/y9ykykve
2. What does it mean to have faith over fear? Praying Psalm 91 and living Galatians 5. I also talk about John MacArthur’s stance on church and masking in this post. https://tinyurl.com/yxsaatcf
3. Now is the time to rethink indoor church: https://tinyurl.com/y5uk354l
4. This is the best sermon I’ve heard so far on this topic by Andy Stanley. If you haven’t heard it yet, I’d highly recommend it.: https://tinyurl.com/y6fqajxc
5. Masks are faith-filled and faith-ful. Faith-filled is about us. Faith-ful is about the neighbor. Both/And are important.. The distinction matters. https://tinyurl.com/y2od5n6f
6. Past webinar: https://www.facebook.com/Truettchurchnetwork/videos/3591200627575050